Changing Advice

Monday 9 April 2012

It's easy to give out cheesy advice to somebody when they're facing a problem, anybody can do it - I have in the past. I've realised now though that just giving cliched advice to somebody doesn't make much difference to them. Sure, the message you're trying to put across may have some value - but right at that moment, that person's mind is just lost in the problem or situation they're in and it's the last thing they want to hear. Although words are one of the most powerful things we have they don't always help solve a problem. If they want your advice or opinion on something they'll ask you. Sometimes it's enough to just be there for somebody when they're going through a bad time because the chances are you can't fix their problem anyway. Listening, in my opinion, is usually more important than speaking. There's a difference between being a good friend, listening and being there for somebody, and just spewing out pointless words that don't really help anybody - it's just something you have to realise. Now I leave my cheesy advice and cliches to my blog posts rather than using it to 'solve' other people's problems.

Laura.

Song: Hell and Back by Greg Holden
Video: I think everybody should watch this, I've seen it happen so many times - 'Exiting the Friendzone' link 'here'.

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs