The Holiday

Saturday 9 July 2011

The Holiday is one of my favourite films, not because the acting is outstanding or because of the complex story with twists and turns - to be honest it isn't really either of those things. It has a lot of messages included in the storyline and is genuinely a lovely film. It's been on about three times recently and I watched it twice - yeah okay obsessive. But I thought I'd include some of my favourite quotes on here and share them with you. I'd like to point out that I hate Blogger for not allowing you to copy and paste... Gah.

''You'll go somewhere new and you'll meet people who make you feel worth while again. And little pieces of your soul will finally come back. And all that fuzzy stuff, those years of your life you wasted - that will eventually begin to fade.''

''I've found almost everything ever written about love to be true. Shakespeare said: 'Journeys end in lovers meeting'. What an extraordinary thought. Personally, I have not experienced anything remotely close to that, but I am more than willing to believe Shakespeare had. I suppose I think about love more than anyone really should. I am constantly amazed by it's sheer power to define our lives. It was Shakespeare who also said 'love is blind'. Now that is something I know to be true. For some love fades; for others love is simply lost. But then of course love can also be found, even if just for the night. And then, there's another kind of love; the cruelest kind, the one that almost kills it's victims. It's called unrequited love.''

Laura.

Song: Never Fade by Gabrielle Aplin

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs