Insecurities

Sunday 31 July 2011

We all have insecurities about what we look like, and it doesn't matter how much other people tell you that your insecurity is unnoticeable - you're not going to believe them because it still stands out like a sore thumb.

I thought about writing this originally because of the moles on my face, I dislike them a lot, nearly everybody who knows me will confirm that. People tell me that you can't really see them or that they aren't that bad but it doesn't matter because I still know they're there and I'm always going to think people notice them too. Covering them with makeup may be the obvious answer but even with layers of makeup they are still visible. I've been kind of down about it recently, but I realised that no matter how much I moan about them or whatever they simply aren't going to go away and the likely hood is I'll get more of them over time; so I might as well just get on with the more important things in life. If some people don't like me because I don't have flawless skin then so be it - they obviously aren't worth knowing or worrying about. There are so many more people out there with worse skin conditions than me.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is whatever your insecurity is and however bad you think it is, just remember the chances are people don't even notice it and there are worse things that you could have.

"The people that mind don't matter, and the people that matter don't mind." - Charlie McDonnell

Laura.

Song: Fall for Anything by The Script

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs