Scrapbooks

Tuesday 31 July 2012


I have a few scrapbooks and I love all of them. Scrapbooking is something that I've done for a few years now and it's a great way to keep memories together in one place (or three). In a way they compliment my blog; the scrapbooks are the images and photos to my life and my blog posts are the words.

As you can see from the photo I have three main ones, each with slightly different content. None of them are finished yet though so they are on going projects. The silver coloured one at the back was my first one and is probably the most random. I brought it in WHSmiths a while back but I think they still do them if you're interested. It has tickets, scraps from magazines, quotes and whatever else I find that I think is interesting in it. I definitely think this one takes the longest to put together because I'm a perfectionist when it comes to doing collages - the one thing I actually liked doing in my Art GCSE course. A double page collage can take me an hour or two to do in there. Although sometimes I just wait to collect something that will fit in the gap that's left - which can take quite a while haha.

But I also have some of my favourite quotes written in this one, but it won't surprise you to know I have a separate book for writing quotes in as well... yep. The tickets vary from train travelcards to concert tickets to theatre and art galleries entry tickets. The next scrapbook in the photo (the one with butterflies on) is from Paperchase and was a Christmas present from my Nana and Grandad - this one doesn't have anything in it yet. I'm planning to get some photos printed off properly and they will go in this one - mainly because the pages in it are pretty thick & good quality. I'd feel bad just sticking magazine scraps in it! I also don't have any photo albums apart from ones when I was little so it seemed like a good idea.

Last of all is the thickest one entitled "Laura's Life & Times". This was made for my by my friends (Alex and Leanne) for my 16th Birthday and it's probably my favourite one out of the three. It's filled with pictures of all my friends along with messages from most of them too. I dread to think how many hours it took them to make it. They left pages at the back for me to complete but with exams, school work and busy times I never got round to completing it. But as I've had some spare time now that it's the summer holidays I got quite a few more pages done. I could have photographed all the pages - but I wouldn't want to bore you, so I've just included a couple... (One of mine & one of theirs).

Although scrapbooks are sometimes time consuming and easy to get behind on they are definitely worth while. They're one of the first things I'd grab if I could only take a small number of items with me. As I've said in the past, some things don't last forever but at least this way I have a record of things I've done and most importantly - the people I've met.


Hope you liked this slightly different post to normal!

Laura.

Song: Patience by Take That

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs