Books

Sunday 27 March 2011

Ever since I was younger I've always read a lot of books, nerdy? Perhaps. But it's something to do instead of being online all the time, and some of the best concepts can come from fiction. More recently I've been trying to read books I wouldn't usually pick up. My typical book is basically an easy read based on family, friends and usually relationships... So I've been reading a wider range. And as I'm planning on taking English Literature at alevel, it's probably a good idea to start now. My nan in particular reads a lot, especially cultural books or books with a historical background so I've been reading some of her books too. The main thing I try and pick up from reading is the vocab because that's my weakest area in English. Anyway, I'm going to recommend some of my favourite books let me know if you've read any of them are others you've liked! Some of these have bad points about them but the quality of the the writing is pretty good in all of them... Before I Die by Jenny Downham, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon, A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseni, A Gathering Light by Jennifer Donnelly, The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins, Tamar by Mal Peet, Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman Also the Harry Potter series and John Greens books (I'm still reading JG's) I've probably missed some out but these are the ones that came into my head first. I've read a lot of easy reads including most of my mums ones haha, I also read every single Jacqueline Wilson book that came out when I was younger I have a lot of her hardback copies. I was a true fan lol! I also have been reading more articles recently in newspapers and magazines - hopefully it will help me with my English language exam coming up.

Laura.


Song: Thinking Of Me by Olly Murs

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs