Why?

Friday 11 March 2011

Yesterday I was sitting in maths, the one lesson I've always disliked, even in lower school when everyone knew their eight and nine times tables off by heart when I could only just about do the simple fives and tens and we were doing direct and inverse proportion. And suddenly I realised that you don't need to understand why 'K' is the constant or what 'K' even is. You just need to know the all the methods and apply them. It's the same with all maths, forget trying to understand why pi exists, why we have to find the value of 'x' or what cosine actually is. We've been brought up to ask 'why' and I think sometimes in life we have to accept things for what they are rather than questioning them constantly.

Laura.

Song: Call Me by Shinedown

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs