2012

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Happy New Year!

Last year I made a list of things I wanted to do during 2011, time to see how many of them I actually completed. I won't go through every single one, otherwise this post would be pretty long but here's a few of them...

The first thing on my list was 'Get a job' and I actually did manage to do this, although not quite how I originally thought I would. It's true sometimes it's who you know and not what you know because I got the job through my friend Alex, at her Mum's school during the holidays. There were other things on my list I did do such as 'Start 6th form at Queensbury' and 'Do some charity work' but then there were others which I didn't come close to reaching. 'Try to enjoy the last few months of art prep work' was one of them. To my friends reading this, who also took GCSE art, you will know my feelings on it - I'm so glad that Art GCSE is over, I hated it at the end and I could write a whole paragraph about why but I'll leave it at this. Overall I reckon I completed around half of my list (Link 'here' if you want to read the full list) but I'm happy with that. Like I said at the beginning various different things come and go from the list over time and that's why I write a whole list rather than just one 'resolution' which may change in the future. So new year, new list, here it is so far:

- Do well in my AS levels
- Learn to drive
- Decide what I want to do at Uni
- Make sure I keep in contact with all my friends

- See the Hunger Games Movie
- Do some more charity work
- The 50 book challenge
- Make my blog posts better & more interesting
- Learn how to cook more meals

Laura.

Song: How To Save a Life by The Fray, cover by Alex Goot

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs